Sunday, May 15, 2011
The Turning Point Adoption Story Page 5
In every story there is a turning point. Mine started out very dark and took over a year to come about. In August of 2007, Justin and I woke up to the sound of water rushing into our house. We lost almost everything we owned in a "hurricane" on dry land. A creek was literally running through our house.I don't remember much about the next few days, but I do remember how our church family rallied around us. I am so thankful for the people who came and helped us in our time of need. For the next year I was simply going through the motions of life. There were a lot of other things that happened in our lives around that time that were good and if it had not been for those good times, who knows how far into depression I would have gone. Slowly, I repeat SLOWLY, I began to come out of the depression. There was no precise moment that I changed, it was a little at a time. But let me assure you, it was God who did the work in me. I began to feel a closeness to God I had not known before. I began to know that God was writing my book, and I began to let him. I guess I finally began to realize that nothing was going to carry me to my destiny except God's grace, God's plan, God's love. There was absolutely NOTHING I could do to change any of that. It was really hard for me to accept that I didn't have to work for any of these things. I had spent my whole life working to earn something from someone, including God. It was in the days that I had nothing left to loose, that I saw God work in a mighty way in me. In October of 2008 Justin and I started to seriously discuss adoption. We talked about everything we would need to take into consideration. Finally, we were like "Let's do it!". Whenever we decided, I started to feel such a peace about it. It was finally the moment I had been waiting nine years for, I was going to be a mom!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment