There were times in my life when I wasn’t sure I would ever be able to write my story. In the darkest times I felt it was a story with no ending, at least not a happy one. But it is true that God has more for us than we can imagine. His plans for us are good, even though it may not seem like they are going to pan out at the time. I remember shortly after I graduated from high school I was at a church service. My prayer was “I trust you God, I don’t know where I’m going, but I trust you” That prayer was a big deal for me. I am the type of person who has to know “the plan” at all times. If there is not a plan, I must make one. If that plan does not work out, I already have a backup plan in mind. I had no idea where that prayer would take my life. It was a prophetic prayer of faith because it has been the times in my life that I did not know where I was going that God has proven himself to me. Before I was a mother I knew that I wanted to write about how I became a mother. I knew that my story was different, but I did not know how different it would turn out to be. So, my friends, this is the story of how I became a mother. It is a story of faith, of God’s grace, of hurt and brokenness and best of all God’s faithfulness. But it doesn’t end the moment I became a mother. It is also a story of growing as a mother, as adoption usually is. It is also a story of adoption awareness and the blessing that come into your life when you let God build your home. Thankfully my story has a happy ending, or as I like to say a happy new beginning. God’s not done building my family yet, it has only just begun.

Looking forward to reading the rest of the story.
ReplyDelete